Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Almost Christmas

It is two days before Christmas and we have yet to watch one Christmas movie, or bake Christmas cookies, or go look at lights. But we did take Oliver to see three different Santa's this year and not one of them cost us a penny! Ha! My husband is the only one who baked anything. He made bark for the first time. He was so proud of himself.

I bought an advent devotion and I maybe have done half of it. I am just so disappointed in myself. I feel like I haven't had time to enjoy the season or reflect on the year. This happens every year. I start out with the best intentions and then I get lazy and tired and caught up in all the holiday craziness.

The season isn't over yet though. Tonight we'll watch a Christmas movie and I won't worry about the house being clean or perfect. I will just enjoy my family.

Oliver on the other hand has really enjoyed the season. Especially the tree, even more so now that there are presents under it. I've only had to rewrap one for Nonna, so far!
Being mischievous by the tree!

No comments:

Post a Comment